Categories
Country Daypop

Maddie & Tae to release fourth studio album ‘Love & Light’

Maddie & Tae will release their fourth studio album ‘Love & Light’ on May 2nd, produced by Josh Kerr, Chris LaCorte, and Corey Crowder.

The 16-track album features the previously released tracks ‘Free Like’, ‘Sad Girl Summer’, ‘Heart They Didn’t Break’ and the new single ‘Kissing Cowboys, written by Maddie Font and Tae Kerr, along with Luke Dick, and Laura Veltz.  Kerr shares of the new song: “The thing about being a little bit older is you realize how many things you wish someone had told you. All the stuff you worried about, the pressure to be somebody else’s idea – when you really should be out there, well, ‘kissing cowboys.’”

The ladies said of the album:  “We’ve been out on the road, playing for a few thousand people at our own dates. We realized people are hungry for songs that tell it like it is about being single, being done wrong, being done right, and figuring out how to grow up without losing your sense of self, your friends or your dreams. So, we leaned into all those things.  And we didn’t let go of that sound where we take acoustic instruments, really make them shine and then thread all that electric goodness through a pretty stout base.”

Watch the visualizer for ‘Kissing Cowboys’ HERE.

The album ‘Love & Light’ is available to pre-save now.

Editorial credit: Kathy Hutchins / Shutterstock.com

Categories
Country Daypop

Randy Houser and Cody Johnson share the track ‘Cancel’

Randy Houser has shared a new version of his song “Cancel” featuring Cody Johnson.  Cancel was written by Houser and co-produced with Jay Tooke, and Randy said of the new collab: “After I wrote it, I went on Cody’s bus, and we talked about cutting it together. I was honored that something so meaningful to me was also important enough to him to want to be a part of it.”

Houser’s Note To Self Deluxe edition expands on his 2022 project of the same name, featuring new collaborations including: “Still That Cowboy” with Miranda Lambert, “Rub A Little Dirt On It” with Riley Green and “Country Round Here Tonight” with Justin Moore.

Houser will also be performing at festivals across the U.S. this summer, including Pepsi Gulf Coast Jam, Roostertail Music Festival, Lakefront Music Fest and the Red, White & Brauen Festival.

Take a listen to Cancel featuring Cody Johnson – HERE.

Editorial credit: Debby Wong / Shutterstock.com

Categories
Entertainment Daypop

See Seth Rogan in trailer for ‘The Studio’ on Apple TV+

Apple TV+ is previewing its new 10-episode half-hour comedy series The Studio, premiering today, March 26.  Two episodes will be released upon its premiere, with one episode dropping every Wednesday through May 21 to follow.

Seth Rogen co-created the show and stars as Matt Remick, the new head of the fictional film studio Continental. Per Deadline, Rogen’s character desperately wants to keep the future of movies alive.  Says Rogen’s Matt: “Being the head of Continental is the only job I’ve ever wanted. “I’m honored, obviously, to be one of the people that gets to choose, you know, which movies get made and which ones don’t.  I got into all this, because, you know I love movies, but now I have this fear that my job is to ruin them.”

In addition to Rogen, Catherine O’Hara, Kathryn Hahn, Ike Barinholtz and Chase Sui Wonders also star, with Bryan Cranston guest starring.

See the trailer for The Studio HERE.

Editorial credit: Featureflash Photo Agency / Shutterstock.com

Categories
Pop Daypop

Blackpink’s Jisoo to star in Netflix rom-com ‘Boyfriend on Demand’

K-pop star JISOO, member of BLACKPINK, has signed on to star in Netflix’s ‘Boyfriend on Demand’.  The romantic-drama series shared the following synopsis:  “an overworked young Korean woman who seeks escape in a virtual reality dating program, where she meets the boyfriends of her dreams.”

Jisoo will play exhausted webtoon producer Mi-rae, “who longs for a second chance at love, but has grown accustomed to a nonexistent dating life due to her hectic schedule. When Mi-rae receives a mysterious “Monthly Boyfriend” device by chance, she decides to give it a try, entering a virtual reality world where she encounters unrealistically perfect boyfriends, awakening her dormant desires for romance. He’s capable and competent at work, but Mi-rae feels uneasy around him. Despite his indifferent and cold demeanor, he’s a character with surprising secrets, sure to stir emotions in Mi-rae.”

Singer/actor Seo In-guk will star opposite Jisoo as Park Kyeong-nam, Mi-rae’s colleague and rival webtoon producer.   Boyfriend on Demand is directed by Kim Jung-sik, known for the hit web series Work Later, Drink Now and No Gain No Love.

Editorial credit: shofiphoto / Shutterstock.com

Categories
Entertainment Daypop

Blackpink’s Jisoo to star in Netflix rom-com ‘Boyfriend on Demand’

K-pop star JISOO, member of BLACKPINK, has signed on to star in Netflix’s ‘Boyfriend on Demand’.  The romantic-drama series shared the following synopsis:  “an overworked young Korean woman who seeks escape in a virtual reality dating program, where she meets the boyfriends of her dreams.”

Jisoo will play exhausted webtoon producer Mi-rae, “who longs for a second chance at love, but has grown accustomed to a nonexistent dating life due to her hectic schedule. When Mi-rae receives a mysterious “Monthly Boyfriend” device by chance, she decides to give it a try, entering a virtual reality world where she encounters unrealistically perfect boyfriends, awakening her dormant desires for romance. He’s capable and competent at work, but Mi-rae feels uneasy around him. Despite his indifferent and cold demeanor, he’s a character with surprising secrets, sure to stir emotions in Mi-rae.”

Singer/actor Seo In-guk will star opposite Jisoo as Park Kyeong-nam, Mi-rae’s colleague and rival webtoon producer.   Boyfriend on Demand is directed by Kim Jung-sik, known for the hit web series Work Later, Drink Now and No Gain No Love.

Editorial credit: shofiphoto / Shutterstock.com

Categories
Rock Daypop

My Chemical Romance, Blink-182, Deftones to headline 2025 Shaky Knees Festival

My Chemical Romance, Blink-182 and Deftones will headline the 12th edition of Shaky Knees Music Festival, taking place September 19-21 in downtown Atlanta’s Piedmont Park.

The lineup for this year’s Shaky Knees Music Festival also includes: Vampire Weekend, Lenny Kravitz (returning for his first performance in Atlanta in nearly seven years) Cage The Elephant, Alabama Shakes, The Black Keys, Sublime, “Weird Al” Yankovic, The Marias, Public Enemy, Lucy Dacus, Devo, Pixies, The Backseat Lovers, TV On The Radio, The All-American Rejects, Idles and many more for over 50 performances across four stages.

For tickets head to: http://shakykneesfestival.com.

Editorial credit: CHEN WS / Shutterstock.com

Categories
Rock Daypop

Paramount+ to premiere documentary ‘Ozzy Osbourne: No Escape From Now’

The feature-length documentary Ozzy Osbourne: No Escape From Now will debut on Paramount+ later this year.

The documentary, directed by Tania Alexander, chronicles Osbourne‘s six-year struggle to recuperate from a devastating 2019 fall; it is described as “an intimate look into the 76-year-old rock legend’s personal life since the injury that has colored much of his life in the years since.” Osbourne announced in 2023 that he had been forced to permanently cancel the European leg of his No More Tours II outing and retire from touring after a series of health problems which he damaged his spine. That incident was followed by diagnoses of Parkinson’s disease, and emphysema.

A press release announcing the project read: “This is Ozzy Osbourne like you’ve never seen before: an honest, warm and deeply personal portrait of one of the greatest rock stars of all-time, detailing how the singer’s world shuddered to a halt six years ago, forcing him to contemplate who he really is, confront his own mortality and question whether or not he can ever perform on stage for one last time. Addressing his health issues and impact of his Parkinson’s diagnosis, the film showcases the central role music continues to play in Ozzy’s life – also proving his mischievous sense of humor remains resolutely intact despite it all.”

In a statement, Osbourne said: “The last six years have been full of some of the worst times I’ve been through. There’s been times when I thought my number was up. But making music and making two albums saved me. I’d have gone nuts without music.”

According to the press release, director Alexander began filming the doc in 2022, during recording sessions for Ozzy’s Patient Number 9 album. The cameras will continue to film into this summer as Osbourne prepares to take the stage for what he will be his final performance with Black Sabbath on July 5. Ozzy said of the event: “My fans have supported me for so many years, and I really want to thank them and say a proper goodbye to them. That is what the Villa Park show is about.”

The documentary will also feature Ozzy’s wife/manager Sharon Osbourne and the couple’s children, as well as many of the singer’s friends and bandmates, including: Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath), Duff McKagan (Guns N’ Roses), Robert Trujillo (Metallica), Billy Idol, Maynard James Keenan (Tool), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), guitarist Zakk Wylde, producer Andrew Watt and friend/musician Billy Morrison.

Sharon Osbourne shared: “This film is an honest account of what has happened to Ozzy during the last few years. It shows how hard things have been for him and the courage he has shown while dealing with a number of serious health issues, including Parkinson’s. It’s about the reality of his life now. We have worked with a production team we trust and have allowed them the freedom to tell the story openly. We hope that story will inspire people that are facing similar issues to Ozzy.”

Editorial credit: s_bukley / Shutterstock.com

Categories
Pop Daypop

Boyz II Men returning for limited engagement at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas

Legendary pop/R&B group Boyz II Men are returning to Las Vegas this summer to headline an exclusive, four-night limited engagement at The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. Performances are scheduled for Aug. 8-9 and 15-16.

Fans of Boyz II Men can expect favorites such as “End of the Road,” “I’ll Make Love to You,” “One Sweet Day” and “Motownphilly.” The trio holds the distinction of being the bestselling R&B group of all time with 64 million albums sold, and have earned four Grammy Awards throughout their career.

Tickets are on sale now at ticketmaster.com.

Editorial credit: Debby Wong / Shutterstock.com

Categories
News Daypop

Trump admin asks Supreme Court to pause reinstatement of thousands of federal workers at 6 agencies

The Trump administration asked the Supreme Court on Monday for an emergency stay of a district court judge’s decision that 16,000 federal probationary employees terminated in February across six agencies and departments be immediately reinstated.

Acting Solicitor General Sarah Harris filed an application Monday to “stay the injunction” issued by U.S. District Judge William Alsup of the Northern District of California that had ordered the Trump administration on March 13 to “”immediately offer reinstatement to any and all probationary employees terminated on or about February 13th and 14th 2025.” Alsup’s order earlier this month required six agencies — the Departments of Veterans Affairs, Agriculture, Defense, Energy, Interior and Treasury — to reinstate probationary workers fired last month. Alsup’s order covered federal workers who were still in probationary status, or those generally in a one- or two-year trial period.  The judge said the terminations were likely unlawful because the Office of Personnel Management did not have the authority to direct the firings.

Harris argued in the filing that the labor unions and nonprofit groups that challenged the mass firings lack standing, saying they have “hijacked the employment relationship between the federal government and its workforce,” claiming the judge’s order also violates separation of powers. Harris wrote: “This Court should not allow a single district court to erase Congress’s handiwork and seize control over reviewing federal personnel decisions — much less do so by vastly exceeding the limits on the scope of its equitable authority and ordering reinstatements en masse.”

Harris urged the high court to “end the interbranch power grab … Those orders have sown chaos as the Executive Branch scrambles to meet immediate compliance deadlines by sending huge sums of government money out the door, reinstating thousands of lawfully terminated workers, undoing steps to restructure Executive Branch agencies, and more. The lower courts should not be allowed to transform themselves into all-purpose overseers of Executive Branch hiring, firing, contracting, and policymaking.”

The firings of probationary workers is being undertaken by the White House’s Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE).  More than 24,000 probationary workers were removed from their positions as part of the mass firings, involving 18 agencies.

Editorial credit: Aashish Kiphayet / Shutterstock.com

Categories
News Daypop

Federal judge keeps block of Venezuelan gang deportation flights

A federal judge on Monday kept his block on deportation flights of alleged members of Venezuela’s crime gang Tren de Araragua under the 1798 Alien Enemies Act.

In a 37-page ruling, Chief U.S. District Judge James Boasberg in Washington, D.C., wrote that Venezuelans whom the Trump administration wants to deport under the act should get a hearing on whether they are gang members. Boasberg wrote in his ruling: “The Court need not resolve the thorny question of whether the judiciary has the authority to assess this claim in the first place. That is because Plaintiffs are likely to succeed on another equally fundamental theory: Before they may be deported, they are entitled to individualized hearings to determine whether the Act applies to them at all.”

Boasberg said use of the Alien Enemies Act “implicates a host of complicated legal issues” adding: “Federal courts are equipped to adjudicate that question when individuals threatened with detention and removal challenge their designation as such. Because the named Plaintiffs dispute that they are members of Tren de Aragua, they may not be deported until a court has been able to decide the merits of their challenge.”

Judge Boasberg was appointed to the Superior Court of the District of Columbia by President George W. Bush in 2002 and elevated to the District Court in 2001 by President Barack Obama.  Pres. Trump blasted the judge, writing on Truth Social: “This Radical Left Lunatic of a Judge, a troublemaker and agitator who was sadly appointed by Barack Hussein Obama, was not elected President – He didn’t WIN the popular VOTE (by a lot!), he didn’t WIN ALL SEVEN SWING STATES, he didn’t WIN 2,750 to 525 Counties, HE DIDN’T WIN ANYTHING! I WON FOR MANY REASONS, IN AN OVERWHELMING MANDATE, BUT FIGHTING ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION MAY HAVE BEEN THE NUMBER ONE REASON FOR THIS HISTORIC VICTORY. I’m just doing what the VOTERS wanted me to do. This judge, like many of the Crooked Judges’ I am forced to appear before, should be IMPEACHED!!! WE DON’T WANT VICIOUS, VIOLENT, AND DEMENTED CRIMINALS, MANY OF THEM DERANGED MURDERERS, IN OUR COUNTRY. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!”

The Justice Administration believes it has authority under the 1798 Alien Enemies Act because they are a “hybrid criminal state” invading the United States though it has been only invoked in times of declared war against other countries. DOJ lawyers have argued in court filings that “The President’s action is lawful and based upon a long history of using war authorities against organizations connected to foreign states and national security judgments, which are not subject to judicial second guessing.”

An three-member appeals court heard oral arguments later on Monday on whether the lower court can hear and address the Trump administration’s deportation of migrants under an 18th-century wartime law, but did not issue a ruling.  The three-judge panel consists of Judges Karen Henderson, Patricia Millett and Justin Walker — two of whom were appointed by a Republican president. The panel declined a bid from the Trump administration to immediately remove Judge James Boasberg from the case and lift a temporary restraining order on the deportations.

Editorial credit: pixelschoen / Shutterstock.com